- Last Updated: Saturday, 19 November 2016 21:01
This Thanksgiving weekend, Cine Sony Television will present a special four-day programming event for the whole family to enjoy together. The network’s biggest ever movie marathon will feature 33 films from the Golden Era of Mexico starring legendary Mexican crossover comic star and Golden Globe winner Cantinflas.
More than 30 of Legendary Comedian’s Classic Films Spanning Five Decades Will Air Back to Back November 24-27, Starting Thanksgiving Day at 7am ET/8am CT with “ Si Yo Fuera Diputado” (If I Were A Deputy)
Spanning five decades from the 1940s to the 1980s, the films will air uncensored and commercial free over the course of four days from Thursday, November 24 to Sunday, November 27, starting Thanksgiving Day at 7am ET/8am CT with Si Yo Fuera Diputado (If I Were A Deputy). Other popular Cantinflas films airing during the marathon include:
· El Analfabeto (The Illiterate One)
· A Volar Joven (To the Skies Young Man)
· Los Tres Mosqueteros (The Three Musketeers )
· El Padrecito (The Good Priest)
· El Bolero De Raquel (Raquel’s Shoeshiner)
· Ni Sangre Ni Arena Arena (Neither Blood Nor Sand)
· El Barrendero (The Sweeper)
· Su Excelencia (Your Excellency)
· Si Yo Fuera Diputado (If I Were A Deputy)
· El Bombero Atomico (The Atomic Fireman)
· Don Quijote Cabalga de Nuevo (Don Quijote Rides Again)
· El Ministro y Yo (The Minister and I)
Mario Moreno (1911-1993), professionally known as Cantinflas, was a prolific Mexican comic film actor, producer, and screenwriter. Commonly regarded as “the Charlie Chaplin of Mexico” for his onscreen persona of the underdog who overcame all odds in more than 55 films, he was a business leader, activist and philanthropist who became a symbol of hope for the downtrodden and impoverished. He won a Golden Globe award in 1957 and received an additional nomination in 1961.
For more information on Cine Sony Television’s Thanksgiving Weekend Cantinflas Movie Marathon and/or specific airtimes, please visit CineSony.com or check local listings.