- Category: Coming Soon
- Published: Monday, 06 February 2012 21:57
Robert Rodriguez's' MACHETE KILLS is eyeing an April start date for production now that financing is in place for Danny Trejo to return as Machete in a sequel to the 2010 film. Robert and Danny spoke to CineMovie last summer about the project.
Watch video below.
Back in August of 2011, Robert told us at his premiere of Spy Kids 4D that he was in the process of finishing up the MACHETE KILLS script and planned to go into production in 2011, but production never began. Deadline.com is now reporting that Rodriguez has partnered with producer Alexander Rodnyansky who will finance the film and start production in April.
Deadline.com is also reporting the original cast will return to reprise their roles but no names were given except for Danny Trejo who will return as Machete. CineMovie asked Rodriguez last year whether Jessica Alba and Michelle Rodriguez would return in the Machete sequel, Robert Rodriguez said he'd rather keep it quiet.
In the interview below, Danny would only say about the sequel that it will "blow your mind" and the script is "amazing." In MACHETE KILLS, the U;S. government hires Machete to invade Mexico with a small army to take down a drug cartel and arms dealer planning to take down the world with a space weapon.
Robert also is working on a follow-up to Sin City and currently writing the script to the Frank Miller-inspired movie.