- Category: Coming Soon
- Published: Wednesday, 09 October 2013 08:04
Get your motor running, FAST & FURIOUS 6 is headed to Blu-ray™, DVD & Digital HD on December 10th, but the digital version will be available three weeks ahead on November 19th. However, the Blu-ray™ is where you'll find the cool extras including an extended version of the film with commentary from Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Michelle Rodriguez and director Justin Lin.FAST & FURIOUS 6 earned almost $800 million at the box office worldwide with a cast list that's too long to name, but ex-MMA fighter turned actress Gina Carano takes on Michelle Rodriguez in a girl fight sequence that had everyone talking. Luke Evans (The Hobbit:The Desolation of Smaug) is also new to the franchise as the villain.
And if there wasn't enough action in the theatrical version, the Universal Studios Home Entertainment release contains a special Extended version with even more intense action, as well as over an hour of exclusive behind-the-scenes bonus features exclusively on the collectible Steel Book version which is only available for a limited time. Take a look at what awaits you on the FAST & FURIOUS 6 Blu-ray™ disk.
The Blu-ray™ Combo Pack includes a Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital HD with UltraViolet.
• Blu-ray™ disc unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6x the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
• DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.
• DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download movies to watch on iPad®, iPhone®, Android™, smart TVs, connected Blu-ray players, game consoles and more.
Bonus Features Exclusively on Blu-ray™
Extended Version of the Film
Take Control—Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Michelle Rodriguez and director Justin Lin appear at key moments throughout the film, offering observations and reflections on the movie, behind-the-scenes footage and more.
Planes, Tanks and Automobiles
• The London Chase—Gives viewers a front-row seat for the filming of a sprawling car chase through the streets of one of the world’s most historic—and congested—cities. Examines how director Justin Lin and his team pulled off car-flipping mayhem on a breathtaking scale.
• Highway Heist: The Convoy Attack—A first-hand account of a meticulously planned and executed action sequence, as Dominic’s gang saves the day in this high-velocity battle featuring a tank, an armored cargo carrier and a harpoon.
• The Antonov Takedown—An exploration of what went into creating Fast & Furious 6’s spectacular finale sequence, featuring the world’s largest plane, including first- and second-unit filming, special effects, visual effects, car rigging, stunt drivers, green-screen shooting and more.
• Dom and Letty Race Again – Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez reunite on screen.
Gearhead’s Delight—From the shop to the test track, to the set and back again, a look at the latest hot cars showcased in Fast & Furious 6. Narrated by car lover Paul Walker, this piece features Dom’s latest Charger, Brian’s Nissan Skyline GTR, the BMW M5’s, the Alfa Romeo and the classic cars from the film’s car-auction scene.
The FLIP Car—Provides an inside look at the Fast franchise’s newest mind-blowing vehicle—the pivoting FLIP car. Dennis McCarthy, the film’s picture car coordinator, will take us through the coolest parts of this truly astonishing vehicle, and the destruction it leaves in its wake.
Hand-to-Hand Fury—This jam-packed featurette offers viewers a detailed look at the rehearsals, choreography, stunt work and filming of some of Fast & Furious 6’s most bone-jarring fight sequences.
Bonus Features on Blu-rayTM and DVD
• Deleted Scenes
The Making of Fast & Furious 6
• The Fastest of Them All—Chronicles the epic saga of the Fast films from chapters three through six. Justin Lin and his team reveal how they brought new energy to the franchise, creating a dynamic multi-movie story arc.
• Reuniting the Team—Explores the characters (and actors) that make up the Fast family, with a focus on founding partners Dom and Brian (and Vin and Paul).
• Letty’s Return—Heralded by a crowd-pleasing cliffhanger in Fast Five, Michelle Rodriguez (“Letty”) makes a dramatic return in the sixth installment. This short feature explores how the creative team engineered her resurrection.
• The Mastermind and The Mole—Viewers meet Fast “newbies” Luke Evans (“Shaw”) and Gina Carano (“Riley”) as they share their experience joining the cast of Fast & Furious 6 and how their characters fit into the new plot.
On the Set with Vin—Vin Diesel talks through a stunt he is about to perform and then rides his hot rod through an explosion, coming out unscathed.
Feature Commentary with Director Justin Lin